Autism recovered?

Medical experts say it's not possible to recover autism. We have living proof in the form of three children, that it IS possible. In my blog you will find recovery stories, along with information regarding health that I have learned over the years. And sometimes just snippets of life to give hope that yes, life can be normal after the hard work is done.

Sit back, enjoy, and be hopeful! RECOVERY HAPPENS!

**Kids names have been changed to protect the innocent and naughty alike. ;)



Sunday, November 7, 2010

Conference is done

And I am tired! It's funny b/c this was by far the smallest conference I have done but it was just as emotionally charged. I think every time I talk will be that way... maybe it will get less so the more I do it.

I didn't just speak at this conference, I also worked for Body Ecology. I represent them at many conferences throughout the year. This diet is not easy and I have done it (and still do it) with three kids so it's encouraging for other parents to speak with someone who's been there done that and can hold their hand through the hard part..

Months ahead of a conference, I project how many will be there (based on the conference coordinator numbers) and work to make reservations for hotels, vehicles, plane tickets, etc. All the little details that have to be done ahead of time. Because this one was in my home town it was not complicated in any way. No reservations were necessary although I did have supplies from Body Ecology shipped. Unfortunately the conference heads did not give us a very accurate number and we planned for 250. Twelve docs showed up. Although I do not appreciate the misrepresentation on the part of the conference heads, I still made some good connections. Twelve more chiropractors are now trained and ready to help children with autism get better. I know not all children will recover 100%, but I do believe the majority of children will be improved to some degree.

One thing you hear over and over from parents of children with autism is that they have gut problems. If all a parent treats is the gut, that cannot help but improve a child's quality of life! (Imagine having constant gut pain... would you be cheerful and playful? Yeah, me either!) But of course these docs are trained to do so much more. I had some time to speak in depth with several of them and it's so wonderful to see these doctors who are willing to go against the mainstream, to be the odd man out, to seek out (and find) answers to helping these sweet children. So, SO precious to me.

It's also wonderful to see people, vendors and doctors alike, who have no child with autism and yet they fight like the dickens to help. God bless those who work so hard to help the wounded. Those are my heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you are not the commenting on blogs type, but want to talk to me, feel free to email autismrecovered@gmail.com. Nice people only please. :)