Autism recovered?

Medical experts say it's not possible to recover autism. We have living proof in the form of three children, that it IS possible. In my blog you will find recovery stories, along with information regarding health that I have learned over the years. And sometimes just snippets of life to give hope that yes, life can be normal after the hard work is done.

Sit back, enjoy, and be hopeful! RECOVERY HAPPENS!

**Kids names have been changed to protect the innocent and naughty alike. ;)



Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Preparing for a conference

As I sit here preparing for this weekends speaking engagement, I am struggling with getting my mind organized. I have a general speech, which is just our story of the kids lives through autism and recovery. I don't give medical advice or anything, just share our story. I am the only speaker who shares a story in this fashion, all the other speakers are professionals of one sort or another. I am the "giving hope" speaker. I love that. I love that our story gives hope to others.

This time is more difficult though. There will be only doctors there, no parents. (Well I'm sure some of the docs are parents but they are there for professional training) In the past, I have always catered my speech to the parents because they're the ones who need to hear that it can be done. This time I need to focus more on how professionals can help parents. I am having a terrible time tweaking our story to encourage docs rather than parents.

It is, as always, a heart wrenching experience to be going through their stories once again. When you add pictures to the story, it becomes so much more poignant. The horrors captures on film speak louder than just hearing it from the mouth. Pictures really are worth a thousand words and we've got alot of pictures. :) It is such a blessing to see where they were and where they are now. SUCH a difference.

Praise God!! :D

May I continue to appreciate the blessings in this house before they are grown up and living lives of their own.

3 comments:

  1. I hope it goes well. Your testimony will offer hope and these doctors need hope also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed on your blog, there is no way to contact you. I reviewed PG Key and you were wondering about which filtering program I use. I use K-9 and I have had the least problems with it.

    By the way, I love your blog and your story. I believe your blog is going to be a blessing to so many families. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are correct and it blesses many; it makes our pain worthwhile if others are helped by it. Your encouragement means alot to me. :)

    Thank you for the info on K-9. I will look into both of those options. One of the major reasons my kids are so limited on computer time is b/c we don't have a good filtering system and Tony has already stumbled upon a few things he didn't need to see.

    I'm not sure how to enable contact info. I'll try to figure that out. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you are not the commenting on blogs type, but want to talk to me, feel free to email autismrecovered@gmail.com. Nice people only please. :)