Autism recovered?

Medical experts say it's not possible to recover autism. We have living proof in the form of three children, that it IS possible. In my blog you will find recovery stories, along with information regarding health that I have learned over the years. And sometimes just snippets of life to give hope that yes, life can be normal after the hard work is done.

Sit back, enjoy, and be hopeful! RECOVERY HAPPENS!

**Kids names have been changed to protect the innocent and naughty alike. ;)



Saturday, November 27, 2010

Successful food challenges so far

I'm writing this here for me to remember but also so others who are interested can see our progress. We have been doing Bioveda treatments for about 6 months now. It has not been the FAST magic bullet I was dreaming of but it is helping. So far, hubby has seen ALL of his allergies disappear. Well, he has to challenge bananas Monday but all the others have gone. He was allergic to tomatoes, grapes, raisins and eggs. With eggs, he still has to limit himself to about 3 a day but otherwise he is good on all these foods. Very impressive I think! For me, I have seen more emotional healing than anything else so far. Although it's a post for another day, I will say when I saw "grief" pop up as my #1 emotion, it really brought me to my knees in admitting that I had shoved that particular emotion aside for years; and once I dealt with it, there was some serious physical and emotional healing for me. Yay me! :D

I can also now eat gluten without needing an immediate and serious nap. I still don't WANT to eat it b/c of the problems it CAN cause, but now I won't have trouble driving if I accidentally get some cross contamination. I feel asleep at the wheel once b/c of gluten. That scared the crappola out of me and I haven't had gluten on purpose since; other than to challenge my body after my gluten trial.

For the kids we have successfully challenged the following foods:
Tony: beans (pinto & black) -- hallelujah for cheap and easy protein!
Grace: potatoes and rice
Kate: coconut (hello coconut ice cream!!), carrots

Shoot, I think there are more. I will come back and note them as I remember. The doc has it all written on his paper but I don't have it written down.

Although this has been a long time and people generally don't take this long, the doc said that my kids are rare in that fact that their bodies (aka: immune system) has tagged multiple foods as death bringers multiple times and it will take multiple treatments on each food to calm the system down enough to assure the body that these foods are ok. Although the kids have been treated for eggs (once), nuts and gluten and I think even dairy, I am not willing to challenge those foods yet. I know at some point I will have too but I am truly terrified of those foods for them so I will have to see all the minor allergens go away before I will trust the biggies are cleared enough to challenge.

The doc said he anticipates treating them for a minimum of a year. I didn't realize treatments could take that long but knowing how damaged and hyper their immune system is, I can understand why.

My mom also stayed with us for about 2 months to get treated as well. She is so allergic to corn that if she SMELLS it, she will have trouble breathing. Target is definitely a store she cannot go in. lol After several treatments, she was able to be in the presence of popcorn without trouble... that may seem small but it's really huge for her! She still cannot eat it but at least it won't kill her to smell it. :) She has to go home but will get treated again next time she comes so we'll see if we can't knock that corn allergy out a little further.

Hmmm so that's it for now. I will update as we lose more food allergies. Pray for us that it happens soon. As Tony gets older and nears puberty, I really worry for him the most. I want him to be able to do guy things and at this point in his health, guy things are out. But God is the mighty healer and I believe He will honor our efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you are not the commenting on blogs type, but want to talk to me, feel free to email autismrecovered@gmail.com. Nice people only please. :)