Autism recovered?

Medical experts say it's not possible to recover autism. We have living proof in the form of three children, that it IS possible. In my blog you will find recovery stories, along with information regarding health that I have learned over the years. And sometimes just snippets of life to give hope that yes, life can be normal after the hard work is done.

Sit back, enjoy, and be hopeful! RECOVERY HAPPENS!

**Kids names have been changed to protect the innocent and naughty alike. ;)



Sunday, November 7, 2010

Perserverance

This weekend at the conference I met a precious lady. She is probably in her 40's. She told me that her husband passed away just a few months ago while she was finishing up her certification to become a chiropractor. Understandably she has not eaten much and her stress has been severe. Her husband owed an organic restaurant and it's doing well so she wanted to keep it going. So on top of finishing a degree, trying to start her own chiropractic business and being a full time mom, she's grieving the loss of her husband while trying to learn the ropes of his business. She still had her wedding ring on so that tells me she misses him. I cannot imagine how she must feel.

I was so glad to be able to give her some kefir. She said it soothed her tummy (which has been in real pain since her husband died). By the time I left today, she had probably consumed 1/2 a bottle of kefir, her appetite was back (she has not been hungry) and she had a smile on her face. What a joy it was to me to be able to provide her that small comfort.

She impressed me so much with her courage. To be dealing with all she is and to take time to travel to another state and learn how to help others overcome autism. Wow. Now that is one amazing woman! I know I ministered to her but she ministered to me too. With her actions she reminded me to cherish my moments with those I love. To keep going when it would be easier to give up. Such a precious soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you are not the commenting on blogs type, but want to talk to me, feel free to email autismrecovered@gmail.com. Nice people only please. :)