Autism recovered?

Medical experts say it's not possible to recover autism. We have living proof in the form of three children, that it IS possible. In my blog you will find recovery stories, along with information regarding health that I have learned over the years. And sometimes just snippets of life to give hope that yes, life can be normal after the hard work is done.

Sit back, enjoy, and be hopeful! RECOVERY HAPPENS!

**Kids names have been changed to protect the innocent and naughty alike. ;)



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Torrential Tuesdays

Tuesdays are our wild and crazy days. Last year it was Tuesday and Thursday that were frantic so this year I streamlined as much as I could so now only Tuesdays are wild. :D

It all starts at 7am when I get up (sometimes earlier if kids are up before that)
Rush through my shower and try to remember to brush my hair before leaving my room. Sometimes I do, yay me!
Toss a load of laundry in the wash, open up blinds and make beds.
Go downstairs.
As soon as I get downstairs I open up all the blinds. I just HAVE to have my blinds open; I feel trapped in a cave otherwise. :)
Wash off the counter and start making breakfast.
Give the kids their homeopathic drops
Remember we have to wait 15 minutes after drops to eat and try really hard to drag out the smoothie making process for 15 minutes. Not an easy thing!
Kids go eat at the table while I clean the kitchen from breakfast, and get water bottles, lunch, snack and dinner in bowls and into the cooler (I try to start this prep the night before but sometimes I forget) so we can take it all with us.
Remind Grace to feed her fish and practice piano. Remind Tony to empty dishwasher. Remind Kate to leave everyones toys alone while they do their chores. ;)
Pack everyones school work that will be done en route
Pack the van with everything but the kitchen sink.
Rush out the door hollering at kids to make sure they have all their stuff b/c I'm NOT grabbing one more thing.
Start van, turn van off and run back inside because I forgot my phone (I swear, this happens every week!). Roll my eyes as the kids snicker.
Head out to our allergy treatments 35 minutes away.
Spend hours there. It's supposed to be quick but somehow that never ever ever happens!! I am always surprised at how long we are there but we manage to make it out the door in time for co-op. The kids are supposed to be finishing up any school work necessary at the docs but it takes alot of effort to keep it moving and if I get chatting with the doc or his wife, well... they do what kids do... play. I actually don't mind being there for hours, it's a nice social activity for me. :)
Feed kids lunch on the way to school.
Get to co-op just in time, toss Tony out the door, walk Grace in (she is not comfy going in without me yet), let Kate use the potty
Go outside and let Kate play with her bestest friend (who also has a brother in Art class) while Grace is taking piano lessons.
Get Grace from piano lesson
Make mad dash out to the CSA farm and pick up veggies
**incidentally, Google says it's only 20 minutes away from the school, I however know it to be 40 minutes away. I have 1 1/2 hours to get back before Tony is done with his classes. Do the math. ;)
Race back like mad to get Tony just in time
Feed them snack on the way home
Stop by Daddy's work if he's still there so the kids can hug him
Get stuck in rush hour traffic. We live an hour away from the co-op so by the time we get on the interstate, it's 5:00 bumper to bumper (at 4pm I might add) traffic.
Unload kids, food from farm and all paraphernalia from van
Be grateful for my foresight in pre-making dinner... or get irritated at myself if I didn't and scramble around trying to figure out what's quick. :D
Feed the herd
Clean up from dinner and plop my butt in front of the computer for a few minutes.
Orchestrate kids showers
Get everyone's bedtime drinks
Read stories and tuck everyone in bed
Do something useful in the laundry room
Shoot annoyed look at the kitchen b/c it didn't clean itself while I was busy
Plop lazy butt back down in living room
Get back up, start a movie and get crackin' on the kitchen.
Get my second wind and have trouble winding down.

I'm so glad the big kids are able to do much of their schoolwork on their own!! I schedule Tuesdays as mom-light days b/c the day is just too busy for me to do sit down work together. Grace finishes most of it but if she made effort I just let it go until the next day when she makes it up.

And there you have it. Fortunately Tuesdays are the only day like that. While we also have allergy treatments on Friday, we don't have follow up activities so we can come home and finish stuff here. I'll write about a regular day some other time... probably not on a Tuesday. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you are not the commenting on blogs type, but want to talk to me, feel free to email autismrecovered@gmail.com. Nice people only please. :)