Autism recovered?

Medical experts say it's not possible to recover autism. We have living proof in the form of three children, that it IS possible. In my blog you will find recovery stories, along with information regarding health that I have learned over the years. And sometimes just snippets of life to give hope that yes, life can be normal after the hard work is done.

Sit back, enjoy, and be hopeful! RECOVERY HAPPENS!

**Kids names have been changed to protect the innocent and naughty alike. ;)



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Juggling subjects during school hours

I think we are getting our school groove even more smoothed out. (Something looks grammatically wrong with that sentence but I can't figure it out. lol)

I have totally scrapped my plan to use Learning RX read with Kate; her attention span is far too short and we were both getting frustrated. She learns almost exactly like Tony so I dug out my old copy of Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons and she loves it already. Thank goodness!! lol

So Tony does about an hour of alone work upstairs, Grace is in the schoolroom right off the living room working on her alone work, while Kate and I read. Then we play some Learning RX games and she's off. Soooo much smoother for both of us that way. She still gets her special toy box daily if she wants it and I'm learning that just because I like what's in her box doesnt' mean she does. ;) Then Grace is done with alone work and I can help her correct it and start her reading while Tony finishes up his stuff upstairs. By the time he comes downstairs with all his stuff for grading/checking, we are ready to work on our Mom-led subjects.

I think this is really going to cut down on the hours spent running in circles around here. Last week, we finished school at 6pm. Yep, that's 6 PM! I am a fan of all day learning. I mean, if you breathe you're an all day learner; but I do want a definite "put the books down and be done for the day" period. Although I will say we're running slower today because we were listening to Beethoven on youtube and got carried away for HOURS there. Once we discovered Trans-Siberian Orchestra playing Beethoven... school was over for the day. We just couldn't stop listening! Kate really enjoyed twirling to the music and who can stop that cuteness???
** please note we do not watch the videos on youtube, we scroll the pictures off the screen and listen so viewer beware, I have no idea what the video looks like!**

I think life is going to get easier. I hope anyway. Now if I could just school myself to spend less time on the computer and phone... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you are not the commenting on blogs type, but want to talk to me, feel free to email autismrecovered@gmail.com. Nice people only please. :)