Autism recovered?

Medical experts say it's not possible to recover autism. We have living proof in the form of three children, that it IS possible. In my blog you will find recovery stories, along with information regarding health that I have learned over the years. And sometimes just snippets of life to give hope that yes, life can be normal after the hard work is done.

Sit back, enjoy, and be hopeful! RECOVERY HAPPENS!

**Kids names have been changed to protect the innocent and naughty alike. ;)



Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Mother's Influence

Our pastor shared a poem a few months ago that gave me a lot to chew on. I have kept the little piece of paper it's written on for months and happened upon it again. I would love to share it with you guys.

A Mother's Influence
Author unknown

I took a piece of clay
And idly fashioned it one day;
And as my fingers pressed it still
It moved and yielded at my will.
I came again when days were past,
The form I gave it still it bore,
And as my fingers pressed it still,
I could change that form no more.
I took a piece of living clay,
And gently formed it day by day,
And molded with my power and art,
A young child's soft and yielding heart.
I came again when days were gone;
It was a man I looked upon,
He still that early impress bore,
And I could change it never more.

I am reminded once again that my children are constantly watching me. They see my impatience, they see when I put my own selfish desires over the good of others, they see my procrastinating tendencies. They also see the love in my eyes, the smile on my face, the laugh at their antics.

And each of these things leaves a mark on them. I pray I leave more good than bad.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wyndie! Alot to think about. I too pray that they will see more good than bad. Working on myself daily, praying to get it right!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you are not the commenting on blogs type, but want to talk to me, feel free to email autismrecovered@gmail.com. Nice people only please. :)