Autism recovered?

Medical experts say it's not possible to recover autism. We have living proof in the form of three children, that it IS possible. In my blog you will find recovery stories, along with information regarding health that I have learned over the years. And sometimes just snippets of life to give hope that yes, life can be normal after the hard work is done.

Sit back, enjoy, and be hopeful! RECOVERY HAPPENS!

**Kids names have been changed to protect the innocent and naughty alike. ;)



Sunday, January 2, 2011

Scrapbooking

Do you like to scrapbook? I do!! Back when money was growing on trees (well not really but I had three paying jobs and Daddyman was always deployed and racking in the dough) I was heavily into scrapping. I have allllll the stuff for it; and I do mean ALL the stuff. It's crazy! I went to every scrap booking party to be had, hosted them, dreamed of them, scrap booking was awesome.

Then autism hit. Life was really busy with recovery. When you're recovering children from autism, there's not really time to do fun things like scrapbook; your entire brain and body are consumed every moment with gathering information and implementing healing. Not to mention we had to carry on some form of homeschooling during all that. I was way too exhausted to think of scrapping. So my stuff has collected dust for the last 5 1/2 years.

The other day I decided Kate deserved a book with her pictures in it. Poor thing, there isn't a book in the house with her in it. She's noticed so it's time to get one together. I dusted all my stuff off, dragged it down the stairs and set it up in the main part of the house - out of the way but where it's easy to do a page here and there as time permits. I sat down and made 7 new pages last night and it was FUN!

Funny thing is we went to a digital camera when Kate was born so I didn't have any pictures of her printed! HA! But fortunately Snapfish has a sale going on right now 99 prints for 99 cents! So I ordered some and am impatiently waiting for them to arrive in my mailbox. Kate is VERY excited that she will be in a book soon!!

Oh and if you're like me and still stuck in paper scrap booking while the rest of the world has gone to digital scrap pages, the code for the deal is 2011PENNY. That is a superb deal, eh?

Happy Scrapping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you are not the commenting on blogs type, but want to talk to me, feel free to email autismrecovered@gmail.com. Nice people only please. :)