Autism recovered?

Medical experts say it's not possible to recover autism. We have living proof in the form of three children, that it IS possible. In my blog you will find recovery stories, along with information regarding health that I have learned over the years. And sometimes just snippets of life to give hope that yes, life can be normal after the hard work is done.

Sit back, enjoy, and be hopeful! RECOVERY HAPPENS!

**Kids names have been changed to protect the innocent and naughty alike. ;)



Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sanity sanity, wherefore art thou Sanity!

This week has been hectic-crazy. I mean the kind of crazy that makes crazy look crazy. Last night I just decided enough was enough and declared the rest of the week a "Mom's sanity break super-long weekend". This has nothing at all to do with the childrens behavior or any such thing. It's just been sooo busy I felt like my brain was going to explode and make a mess all over my house.

I will publicly confess that I was weak recently and started eating chocolate again. Now chocolate is the nectar of the gods and all, but it makes it VERY hard for me to control my temper. Isn't that stupid? lol Seriously though, if I eat chocolate for a couple of days in a row, I will start to have this undercurrent of seething rage in my head all the time. I'm much more prone to yelling and losing my marbles for no reason. That was the reason I quit chocolate in the first place... b/c it was obviously doing me (and my family by extension) harm. But I fell off the wagon. It was goooooood and yummy too!

But I have been getting angrier and angrier over these last few days. For absolutely no reason whatsoever. There was no outside influence causing it, just the stupid chocolate.

I mentioned to my allergy guy that I was starting to lose it again so he looked me right in the face and told me to stop eating chocolate until he treats me for it. I really needed that. People are sweet and want to help so they normally give me permission when what I really need is slap in the face (figuratively speaking that is). He is not an enabler. So I came home from that appointment last night and decided I was breaking the pattern (again). I use chocolate for the same reason everyone else does... for comfort; b/c it's YUMMY comfort. On top of the craziness that has been going on, we have struggled to get school done every day, plus I have suddenly been asked to throw together a few new speeches and I was already preparing for a conference. So to get away from that habit of an afternoon chocolate to reward myself for getting school done well, I have to stop for a few days. Not long, just long enough to break the habit. No worries though, we will be back in the saddle (and much refreshed for the break!) next week. :)

I did mostly nothing today. I slept until 9:30am (GOD bless my MOM!!!), mozied around the house, chatted with my mom, took phone calls, watched the kids play, ate and finally (at noon) got my shower. Then I did some more of that nothing. It was fabulous. I was planning to get into my garden today but it rained so I cleaned carpets instead. Nothing like some strenuous physical work to clear the brain!! :)

Before their showers, Grace wanted me to see what she had been working on all day. You may not be able to see the fairies in this awesome fairy house, but she can. ;)



As I have been typing this, Kate has been siting there rearranging everything for the fairies convenience. She has an entire dialogue going on with them. I wish I could hear what they're saying to her. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you are not the commenting on blogs type, but want to talk to me, feel free to email autismrecovered@gmail.com. Nice people only please. :)