Autism recovered?

Medical experts say it's not possible to recover autism. We have living proof in the form of three children, that it IS possible. In my blog you will find recovery stories, along with information regarding health that I have learned over the years. And sometimes just snippets of life to give hope that yes, life can be normal after the hard work is done.

Sit back, enjoy, and be hopeful! RECOVERY HAPPENS!

**Kids names have been changed to protect the innocent and naughty alike. ;)



Friday, August 27, 2010

Autism Recovery

Since I first started this blog, I have wondered how best to approach our recovery stories. As I mentioned elsewhere, I don't like to revisit the old days. They hurt. But I have always believed that our recovery was not just for us, it is for others as well. So selfishness is not an option and I am happy that our story has helped others find recovery and know it will continue to do so.

It may sound weird but it's actually difficult to condense and share because it was a very long & complicated process that led to recovery; AND there are three children involved not just one. When you're going through something, you just journal as you go and your perspective is different; but we're done and it's a bit harder to remember everything (believe it or not you do forget some of the awful stuff) and hindsight is so different than "now sight". So I will just split it all up as best I can by child. I'll try to use tags and keep them consistent so you can search easier. I will probably copy parts of my conference notes right in here so if you've heard me speak at conferences, some of this will be familiar to you.

I appreciate your patience as I get all this written out and also appreciate you keeping negative comments to yourself. Shockingly, there is a segment of the population that is offended by autism recovery. If you are one of those people, this blog is not for you. This is to share our story and help others, not to start debates of any kind.

Y'all hold one! It's gonna get wordy in here! lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you are not the commenting on blogs type, but want to talk to me, feel free to email autismrecovered@gmail.com. Nice people only please. :)